Re: "yum update" dependency error

Robert P. J. Day wrote:

  and this brings me back to my original question -- if i do a "yum
update" and just happen to catch a whole pile of new updates which
produce a dependency error somewhere, should i (or anyone else) just
casually mention it on this list as soon as it happens?

  that dependency error might, of course, just be due to mirrors that
haven't caught up yet, but it might also be a real problem that no one
had noticed.

  personally, i'm still tempted to post and point it out, but i'm
willing to be dissuaded if others think it's inappropriate.

Every rawhide report has at the end a list of known dependency issues for that day. Maintainers of these packages are automatically notified of the issues and don't need a additional mail. However if you find problems not already being reported by the daily check, feel free to do so.

Rahul