Re: ThinkPad 600X Experiences with F8T3

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007, Adam Jackson wrote:

On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 10:06 -0500, chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Video:
Upon opening computer (or really any Nautilus windows), the background of
the window is blue, with a white box around each object.

Small vertical line segments appear on the screen near the edges of where
windows close.

Dragging a window across the left edge of the screen and downward makes
the right-most column of the screen show a tiny portion of the window.
Dragging up-and-left or right does not produce the artifact.

ThinkWiki tells me this laptop has a neomagic graphics chip.  Do you see
these artifacts when using the vesa driver?

Thanks Adam,

Yep. It's a NM2360 or NeoMagic MagicGraph 256ZX with 4MB. It worked fine with FC6.

1) How do I test the vesa driver? 2) Is there a way to benchmark performance? (If the vesa driver seems snappy, I'll just use that instead.)

Chris