Re: DVD Install of F8T1 failed on Dell Inspiron 860

 > With kernel-doc package installed on some Linux machine look at
 > /usr/share/doc/kernel-doc-*/Documentation/serial-console.txt

Thanks, those are very useful docs.  I added  "console=ttyS0,9600"
to the F8 boot line but saw no output on my serial line.
When I made that addition to my F7 boot line I got the output
I expected, so I'm sure I have a good HW setup.

The doc says that the kernel must have serial port console support
compiled into the kernel and that it is not there by default.
So maybe the F8 kernel does not have that turned on?

I tried other command line additions but none helped, including:

   maxcpus=1
   pci=noacpi
   pci=nomsi,nommconf
   nolapic