Re: F8T1 small audio bug

Sean Bruno wrote:
On Fri, 2007-08-10 at 01:34 -0400, Sergiu Giurgiu wrote:
Hi,
I installed F8T1 and I noticed that an old problem that I have with fedora releases since FC6 is still there. I have filled a bug in bugzilla long time ago, but wasn't acted upon (probably I haven't filled to the right module).
The situation is like this:
I have 2 "soundcards". One real soundcard that goes to the speakers (NVidia something), and 1 USB headset (Logitech). In the Volume control application there are always more ((USB Mixer (OSS), and USB Mixer (ALSA)) for some wierd reason, but ... doesnt matter. The headset and the soundcard work fine...when they work....

I had the same issue here with my USB turntable.  It looks
like /etc/modprobe.conf was getting misconfigured in a very strange way.

Take a look at your modprobe.conf and verify that it looks something
like this:

<snip>
options snd cards_limit=8
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
alias snd-card-1 snd-usb-audio
options snd-intel8x0 index=0
options snd-usb-audio index=1
</snip>

My old version had the intel and usb-audio drivers aliased to the
snd-card alias and at the same index until I made the above changes.

After I changed that, I rebooted and all was well.

Sean

Thank you very much, that seems to do the trick. Indeed the modprobe.conf file was misconfigured.

Thanks.
Sergiu.