Re: yum-updatesd actually work for anyone?

Zing wrote:
On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 09:32:23 -0400, Neal Becker wrote:

on 5 different fc7 machines.  Every one of them just hangs. Does this
actually work for anyone?

I remove/disable yum-updatesd first thing. I got tired of it locking me out whenever I tried to use yum cli.

In my case, I just wait for a short time until the deamon finishes its access of the repo. Then I can use yum how I wish. If I request too soon, I am advised that 'another copy is running'. I hope this was your problem, else I can not help you further.

--
Glenn