Re: ipw3945 on f7t4

On 5/1/07, dragoran dragoran <drago01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 5/1/07, Tom London <selinux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> No, and thanks for the offer of help.
>
> It would help if you could provide steps for wpa_supplicant.  (Sorry,
> but I've forgotten....).
>
> I'll have to shutdown NetworkManager first, right?  Anything else?

 you need a config file call it whatever you want ex: wpa_supplicant.conf ;)
mine looks like this:
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=wheel

network={
        ssid="yourssid"
        proto=WPA
        key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
        scan_ssid=1
        pairwise=TKIP
        group=TKIP
        psk="yourpassword"
}

then do (as root)
/sbin/service NetworkManager stop
/usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant -dd -D wext -i wlan0 -c /yoor/configfile.conf
open a second terminal (after it has assiotated) and type (as root)
dhclient wlan0
after this the network should be up and running

Thanks.

This seems to work much better. In fact, I'm sending this message on a
WPA network.

Also, the [INFO possible recursive locking detected ] appears gone.

Something funny with NM/kernel interaction?  Scans during association?

tom
--
Tom London