Re: ipw3945 on f7t4

On 5/1/07, dragoran dragoran <drago01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 5/1/07, Tom London <selinux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 5/1/07, dragoran dragoran <drago01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Appears to associate to WPA access point, but no apparent network
> > > 'success'.  That is, ifconfig/iwconfig all report appropriate values,
> > > but ping hangs, etc.
> >
> > what do you mean by hangs? does it not find the host or does it lockup
the
> > system?
> > are you using static ip or dhcp?
> >
> > > Initially, it appeared that the routing table was not properly updated
> > > (remnants from the wired interface), but not sure.
> >
> > have you done ifdown eth0 (if eth0 is your wired interface) to make sure
> > that is is not the problem?
> >
> > > tom
>
> Ok, rebooted, this time with the RJ-45 unplugged.
>
> System booted fine, NetworkManager popped up the 'unlock keyring'
> dialog right after login.
>
> After entering keyring passphrase, NM associated successfully (yea!),
> 'route' showed a proper routing table, and a 'traceroute' succeeded.
>
> However, network immediately 'dis-associated', and would not associate
again.

> Snippet from /var/log/messages:
> May  1 14:03:28 localhost NetworkManager: <info>  Activation
> (eth0/wireless): access point 'INSIDE' is encrypted, but NO valid key
> exists.  New key needed.
> May  1 14:03:28 localhost NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0)
> New wireless user key requested for network 'INSIDE'.
> May  1 14:03:28 localhost NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0)
> Stage 2 of 5 (Device Configure) complete.
> May  1 14:03:28 localhost NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0)
> New wireless user key for network 'INSIDE' received.
> May  1 14:03:28 localhost NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0)
> Stage 1 of 5 (Device Prepare) scheduled...
> May  1 14:03:28 localhost NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0)
> Stage 1 of 5 (Device Prepare) started...
> May  1 14:03:28 localhost NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0)
> Stage 2 of 5 (Device Configure) scheduled...
> May  1 14:03:28 localhost NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0)
> Stage 1 of 5 (Device Prepare) complete.
> May  1 14:03:28 localhost NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0)
> Stage 2 of 5 (Device Configure) starting...
>
> Where NM just hangs after the last line.

 have you tryed wpa_supplicant directly?
if you need help how to do this feel free to aks.

No, and thanks for the offer of help.

It would help if you could provide steps for wpa_supplicant.  (Sorry,
but I've forgotten....).

I'll have to shutdown NetworkManager first, right?  Anything else?

tom
--
Tom London