Re: sd, sd, who's got the sd

On 5/1/07, Jeremy Katz <katzj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

vfat has both a label and a uuid; ntfs at least has a uuid and I would
guess a label as well although libblkid doesn't seem to know about it.
There's no reason not to use them for mounting those filesystem types
either.

Good to know. If this is to be the One True Way (TM), we should
probably document in the release notes how to find and set labels for
different filesystems.

n0dalus.