Re: pretty emacs

Leo wrote:
----- Marc Schwartz (2007-04-26) wrote:-----

Here's to a quick merge of the unicode branch and a release speedier
than 22...
Indeed!

Emacs with gtk2/xft is a thing of beauty...  :-)

I had actually tried XEmacs with the xft patch some time ago, but it
crashed rather frequently and usually at the most inopportune times
(thanks to Mr. Murphy...).

XEmacs does not have as many developers as GNU Emacs. In fact the
development is inactive for a long time. I guess it is now better to use
GNU Emacs as it is better.

Yeah, there does seem to be a stagnation of late, with references to that effect on the relevant usenet groups.

There was some leapfrogging between the two for a while, but emacs seems to have taken a steady and prolonged leap in front.

Regards,

Marc