Re: pretty emacs

Neal Becker wrote:
Jack Tanner wrote:

Neal Becker <ndbecker2 <at> gmail.com> writes:
I've been building xemacs with --xft, because it looks SO much nicer.
Unfortunately, it's also a little buggy.  Mainly, it is slow.
I just finished an --with-xft build, since the error that broke the build
yesterday got fixed. Wow, what a difference! Haven't noticed any
particular bugs or slowdowns (so far, at least).

Favorite sexp of the day:

(setq initial-frame-alist
      '((font . "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono-8")
))

Here's to a quick merge of the unicode branch and a release speedier than
22...

Which emacs are you guys using?  The rawhide version?  The gnu svn?

I am using 23 right from the gnu emacs cvs (they are not using svn, at least not yet anyway...)

See this post for the scripts that I am using to build and run it:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2007-April/msg00470.html

There is a wiki page here as well:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/XftGnuEmacs

HTH,