RE: F7T3: Unable to Find Correct Driver for "local CDROM" Install

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007, Browder, Tom wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-test-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-test-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gerry Tool
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 12:34
To: For testers of Fedora Core development releases
Subject: Re: F7T3: Unable to Find Correct Driver for "local
CDROM" Install
The driver it is trying to get you to select is for the
parallel ATA devices on your motherboard.  In my case, I have
a board with an AMD processor, so the driver that works is
pata_amd.  This is a result of switching from IDE support to
libata support for drives.

Gerry, thanks for the reply.

I, too, have an AMD motherboard and anaconda shows the pata_amd driver

Any other ideas?

See the topic "F7T4 and SATA/IDE testing - a call to arms!"
This is exacly what this is about.

-Tom

Adam Pribyl