Re: Announcing Fedora 7 Test 2 (6.91)

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Adam Pribyl (pribyl@xxxxxxxxxxx) said:
Thank you. That's exacly what I wanted to know. Even thou it is not very happy, as this problem also means that duplicating fedora install on different hardware can result in unbootable system, because initrd contains only IDE driver it was installed on. For me as I am from time to time cloning installs its not very good approach.

Simply remaking the initrd after you clone should solve this - mkinitrd
has the logic to autoprobe the root filesystem, and should catch any
changes even if you don't edit modprobe.conf.

yes this works fine its the same for sata now.
when I changed my laptop to ahci mode in the bios it failed to boot because there was no ahci module in initrd. I booted into rescue mode and regenerated the initrd and the system booted fine afterwards.
Bill