Re: FC7T1 Problems

David Nielsen wrote:
fre, 02 02 2007 kl. 18:01 +0100, skrev dragoran:
monty19@ hotmail.com wrote:
Not necessarilly a bug, but a question as to why the development packages are not an option to install on the Desktop disc? It seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to want to install development software on a desktop afterall...
see this thread (about gcc in Desktop)
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-desktop-list/2007-January/msg00115.html
for me a developer is a desktop user but others seem to disagree

If you are a developer you can either install it on your own
its no problem to do yum install gcc foo-devel if you have a internet connection (which I have) but others dont ....
 or use a
spin that is intended for your use case if it's so important that you
get it by default
this spin does not exists (yet)
even for non developers I think atleast kernel-devel and gcc should be on the media to make it possible to build and install external modules (drivers)
 (remember you generally will need all the -devel
packages as well).
not all but the ones needed.
- David Nielsen