FC7T1 Problems

I couldn't use the up/down buttons to change the number of workspaces in a clean FC7 install; it seems to be working after the 80 updates or so that downloaded, so I don't know if it was random trouble that may still exist as some sort of intermittent bug, or if it was a known bug and has been taken care of.

Not necessarilly a bug, but a question as to why the development packages are not an option to install on the Desktop disc? It seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to want to install development software on a desktop afterall...

A bug that I discovered because I wanted to install some development packages was that the Add/Remove Programs feature seems to be broken. I selected several devel packages and when I hit Apply nothing happened. I ran the above mentioned 80 or so updates, and tried again; still no go. Is this a known issue at this point or should I go ahead and file a bug?