Re: final patch for pata disks on sata promise controller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Garzik" <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Jim Bevier" <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Dave Jones" <davej@xxxxxxxxxx>; <fedora-test-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2007 6:46 AM
Subject: Re: final patch for pata disks on sata promise controller

On Sun, Jan 14, 2007 at 07:53:45PM -0700, Jim Bevier wrote:
I found a couple of e-mails on the web from jeff@xxxxxxxxxx signing off on
sata_promise patches to gentoo users.  It is slightly modified from the
patch that I sent to you last week.  I merged my mods with those and now
have "the last" patch. This patch should allow pata disks on models 2037x
and 2057x sata promise controllers.  This should allow the same
functionally as pre 2.6.19 kernels.  I have tested it on the 2911 kernel.
I am sorry Jeff chose to not include the gentoo patch in the current fedora libata releases. I have credited the gentoo people who generated the patch in the attached patch. How about including it in the next kernel release?

I thought I already replied to you?

The support you want is in libata-dev.git#upstream repository.

Those patches you are attaching are old.

Jeff

I looked at the 'new' patch in the upstream libata-dev.git and it is better than the one I have been using. It restricts the changes to just the sata_promise.c module. So, when is this 'new' patch going to show up in a rawhide kernel? Or do I have to continue patching the kernel while waiting (insert time value here) for the changes to be sent to Dave?

Jim