Re: Simple instructions for renaming drives

Paul wrote:
Hi,

I'm going to be rebooting my box shortly to the latest (and greatest)
rawhide kernel. Last time I did this, I was met with errors about drives
not being found.

Having looked through the -test list, I find this is down to the way the
kernel is behaving and that I need to rename my drives.

Currently, I have a pile of /dev/hdX's in my fstab file. Do I just
rename these as /dev/sdX and what do I need to do in my grub file to get
things to work?

TTFN

Paul

Yes, except for cd/dvd's. rename srX.

Or you can mess around with Label= stuff. I don't.

sean