Re: Proposals for mono-basic and monodoc

Evandro Fernandes Giovanini wrote:
Em Seg, 2006-11-06 às 22:09 -0500, Jim Cornette escreveu:
Justin Conover wrote:
Back in the day, mpackage.org <http://mpackage.org> was setup, how about pushing all *mono* stuff to it, and clearing Fedora of any issues that might come up?

I uninstalled mono and friends from my system and do not really care much for beagle or g-spot or whatever. I'd dump it into something a bit safer unless there are projects undergoing that are worth the risk, like maybe a C# version of an mp3 application. :-)

Jim

Are you dumping OpenOffice.org too? Two of its main contributors (Sun
and Novell) have a similar deal with Microsoft regarding software
patents.

I barely use them since a simple editor usually is all I really need. I do not see any problems having seperate repositories for applications that are prone to patent issues.

My point is, if Fedora trusts that Novell's contributions to GNOME,
Linux, Xorg, compiz, OpenOffice.org and other projects are not "tainted"
after this deal, then I see no reason to give a different treatment to
the Mono project, which is still commited to being free of Microsoft
patents. Let's not spread FUD against Mono.

I do not care for it myself, probably sine the few apps that I seen were not too impressive in my view and making a comparable contribution with something other than C# would probably result in a better or quite similar in performance application. I don't need it installed and would not mind if it was removed. I do have fear uncertainty and doubt regarding the patent machine promising never again to bash the daylights out of Novell again. They should have patent abuse crisis centers. The WordPerfect and Quatro dealings should have kept the company prepared enough to be wary of such deals. Like politics, pay off the top corporate execs and the rest of the company will suffer with the slashing.

Sorry, I am just an innocent bystander who may just give up on computers and go back to paper.

Jim

Cheers,
Evandro

--
Style may not be the answer, but at least it's a workable alternative.