Re: fc6 install fails: No handler for logger yum.YumBase

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006, Jesse Keating wrote:

On Thursday 26 October 2006 07:14, Neal Becker wrote:
There is IMHO a _serious_ issue here.  The update hangs for a _very_ long
time with no user feedback that it isn't dead.  This is on a very fast
machine with lots of memory.

Believe me - there about to be a flood of complaints about this.  I can't
wait to see what happens when someone with a more modest machine tries
this.

And I don't see any fix for this in any reasonable amount of time.  Dep
resolving and transaction testing a 2000~ package update is going to take a
while.  Plain and simple.

I hit this today too. This is old HW so I'll see how long does it take (sitting here for about 40minutes now). I am just surprised, that with each release the dep resolving seems to take longer and longer... is the algorithm somehow more "clever" or the number of packages is increasing or why happens that? If FC ever tries to updgrade with all the extras from net, it will be impossible to use upgrade.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora

Adam Pribyl