Re: Run Program...?

On 9/2/06, Rahul <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tom Horsley wrote:
> I could swear there used to be a menu item somewhere to
> popup a dialog to let me type in an arbitrary program
> name to run, but I was just looking for it in a GNOME
> session of FC6t2, and if its there, it is well hidden.
>
> Is this another GNOME helpful "improvement" like no
> text field for typing (or pasting) a path
> in the file selection dialog?

Has been that way from FC5 onwards. The dialog box still exists. Alt+F2.

That's intuitive, not.  Rather, it's functionality obfuscation.  Even
Windows shows a "Run" option on the program menu.  If grandparents
running Windows can handle it, why not Gnome users?  Is there some
rationale?  I imagine this is some upstream decision.

        Miles