Re: Current rawhide -- X cursor is getting stuck

On 8/29/06, Kevin DeKorte <kdekorte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Miles Lane wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Today I am seeing a very weird behavior in Xorg.  My cursor is getting
> stuck at the top of the display.  It will move side to side, but not up
> and down.  Oddly, the pointer functionality is working.  That is, when I
> move the mouse, I can see UI elements getting highlighted when the
> pointer passes over them, but the visable cursor remains at the top of
> the screen.

Does adding the following to the Device section of xorg.conf change
anything?

 Option "SWCursor" "true"

Rats.  Spoke to soon.  The lockup just happened again.  It seems to
be an intermittent problem (my favorite).  The cursor got stuck after
working correctly for a while.  Then, after mouse-clicking for a bit,
the mouse got unstuck!  Now I will try your suggestion, Kevin,
and let you know whether it helps.

         Miles