Re: Current rawhide -- X cursor is getting stuck

On 8/29/06, Kevin DeKorte <kdekorte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Miles Lane wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Today I am seeing a very weird behavior in Xorg.  My cursor is getting
> stuck at the top of the display.  It will move side to side, but not up
> and down.  Oddly, the pointer functionality is working.  That is, when I
> move the mouse, I can see UI elements getting highlighted when the
> pointer passes over them, but the visable cursor remains at the top of
> the screen.

Does adding the following to the Device section of xorg.conf change
anything?

 Option "SWCursor" "true"

Thanks for the reply.  I booted into "single" mode and used
Xorg -configure to generate a new xorg.conf file.  Right now,
it seems to be working.  I now have this in the Mouse section:

Section "InputDevice"
       Identifier  "Mouse0"
       Driver      "mouse"
       Option      "Protocol" "auto"