Re: Logwatch and rawhide

Anne Wilson schrieb:

I have two FC4 boxes that send emails redirected to me, with the From: field in the form logwatch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I did not have to do anything at all to config files for this to be correctly set.

My rawhide installation by default sends the message as originating from logwatch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Is this a bug, or intentional behaviour?

I have forced the domain part to be replaced by putting an explicit line in /etc/postfix/main.cf, but cannot get the hostname to be reported. Clearly getting reports from several boxes without the identifier would be less than useful.

Anne
Anne,

with switch to the new and current stable Postfix line 2.3 the previously applied hostname patch was removed:

* Mo Jul 24 2006 Thomas Woerner <twoerner@xxxxxxxxxx> 2:2.3.0-1

- new version 2.3.0
- dropped hostname-fqdn patch

So this explains why you face a different behaviour.

If you really want to send mail as originating from @david.lydgate.lan, then set in main.cf

myorigin = david.lydgate.lan

Test your change with "postconf myorigin".

Alexander