Re: Adding /etc/mono/config.d

> On Thursday 24 August 2006 03:35, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > Typically a mono .dll file has a companion .dll.configure file. Look at
> > for instance:
> > /usr/lib/mono/gac/gtk-sharp/2.10.0.0__35e10195dab3c99f/gtk-sharp.dll.config
> >
> > This is used for the same purpose as /etc/mono/config, but only for that
> > particular dll.
>
> EEEEW!  So now we're going to have config files littered all
> across %{_libdir}?  That's absolutely horrid.  And I suppose upstream doesn't
> care and will not change this at all to be, you know, SANE?

AFAICT, they're not _really_ config files.  A config file is something
that a person might be expected to change.  Instead, these are more like
data files which tell mono how to do it's native dll importing by
mapping a generic name (say libc) to an actual shared library name that
exists on the system (libc.so.6)

Also, it's hardly littered across the filesystem -- they end up
under /usr/lib/mono/gac/<package>/<version> which seems sane as well

Think of it more like the pkgconfig "config" files (which are just data)
as opposed to config files in the httpd.conf sense

Jeremy