Re: FC6-T2 (DVD) won't boot on Core 2 Duo setup

Alan Cox wrote:

I would hope so but thats for Dave to decide. I've sent him the patch and
tagged it in bugzilla so hopefully it and the other urgent IDE patch (support
for VIA 8237A) will make it either way

Alan,

Will the vt8237a patch you mention enable a system equipped with that device to boot from a sata (only) drive? I'm applying a one-line patch to sata_via.c right now to make it work.

Thanks,
Jay