Re: gimp-related file conflicts in 20060721 rawhide

Nils Philippsen wrote:

Michal Jaegermann wrote:
That most likely means that for some inscrutable reasons you
installed gimp for both x86_64 and i386

The problem you had likely stems from gimp having been present for i386
and x86_64 in the x86_64 repository for a while, which comes from both
-devel packages being present in comps (all -devel packages are pulled
in for both architectures nowadays on multilib architectures like
x86_64). The -devel packages need the normal shared libraries which were
in the main package until recently, when I split them off into the -libs
subpackage to fix that problem.

<pumps fist> YES!!! Ahhhh, the sweet taste of vindication. :) I *knew* hadn't intentionally installed it from an i386 repo...

Thanks for the explanation, Nils.