Re: Logwatch reports

Anne Wilson wrote:
My 'production' boxes mail a logwatch report to my imap server, which I can pick up with kmail in the usual way. My FC6test1 laptop is not sending the reports, so clearly something is missing.

I have set /etc/aliases to send root mail to anne@xxxxxxxxxx I can send a message from kmail to anne@xxxxxxxxx and it arrives correctly. What am I missing?

Of course, I'm assuming that the cron jobs are actually creating the logwatch reports. /var/log shows that anacron changed the date stamp to today, so that must be working OK.

Anne
Anne,

Did you run newaliases after adding the root to anne alias? Or restart sendmail.

Does /var/log/maillog indicate any oddness?

Bob...