Re: DejaVu fonts for Fedora Core 6 feedback call

Tom Brinkman wrote:
On 07 7:38:S, Rahul wrote:

Most users dont change any font defaults

  Wrong!

You got any stats to back this claim?

In Fedora, we try to be as close to
upstream sources as possible

   Which is why I switched from (years on) Mdv-cooker to FC-test

and if those fixes were included in GNOME, they would automatically benefit all downstream
distributions and users instead of tackling these kind of issues
redundantly in every distributions.

   Again you state Gnome centric mindset.

GNOME is just a example here. Any upstream source would benefit all downstream consumers.

 More users use KDE. This
is not to start a vi/emacs type controversy, just reality.

Nevermind, I'll just keep runnin g-f-p after login to fix Gnome apps under KDE.

Or file a bug report and help fix it.

Rahul