FC6 T1 installer problems

I burnt the DVD for FC6 T1.

I used the media check of the installer and the DVD passed.

I use "linux text" as the install mode. This proceeded until as expected until it went to format the disc. Then the install failed.

I retried the proceed 3 times with the same result each time.

I then attempted the default graphical install (UGH).

I selected all pkgs and 'custom now'. I select everything except the language options (selected 11 out of 36 possibilities).

I selected activate eth0 at boot time. I specified the host name and the host IP/mask. The installer warned I had not specified the gateway, but did not offer a method to define the gateway.

When the install completed, I had not network connectivity.
===
I then restarted the install, and tried manual vs DHCP for initializing the network. Only DHCP would define the gateway. While I would supply the parms to the MANUAL mode, the install warned I had NO gateway specified. This is a useless configuration for me as I always specify the host name and IP/mask manually. Thus I will be waiting for FC6 T2 to see if there is anything useful in the install version.

--
Glenn Simpson VE3DSP