Cursor tracking in thunderbird/firefox?

I don't want to be the kind of guy that harps on his "favorite" bugs, but I'm finding it incredibly difficult to believe that the cursor tracking that is broken in both the thunderbird editor and the firefox textarea has not been fixed this close to release. Is it really not driving anyone else totally insane, or is it just a handful of us who are experiencing it? There is an open bug in bugzilla about the thunderbird issue, and I would expect the two are related. I don't know if the editor is mozilla specific or a gtk thing, but I've not noticed the issue in any other gtk apps, and the issue doesn't exist on Windows. Yet, it still occurs with a fresh download from mozilla.com. Anyone know what's going on with this?

Thanks
DC