Re: Cinema Display 30 and Radeon 9600

On Feb 28, 2006, at 7:18 PM, Michal Jaegermann wrote:

During install I see no video after leaving text mode. I can switch
back to vt2 and check the logs. The X server apparently launches just
fine and the only EE logged is about dri not being able to load.

Try to turn off dri in your xorg.conf and see what will happen.
You may also check if setting "AGPMode" will not help.  "8" may be
good. At least it works for me, with dri, but this is different Radeon.

I tried disabling dri by commenting out the module in my xorg.conf and also setting AGPMode to "8" as you suggested. I still see the same exact symptom. Running 'X' as root from the console after install results in a blank screen. No errors are logged to the console or the X log file.

Appreciate the suggestion anyway :)

--
Scott