Re: New tester

On 2/27/06, Jim Cornette <fct-cornette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> On 2/27/06, *John Summerfield* <debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto: debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>
>      >I have just setup a machine solely for the purpose of testing, I shall
>      >append the specs to this post. For now, I have yummed to
>     updates-released,
>      >adn then updates-testing. What do I do as a tester? I have no
>     familiarity
>      >with the processs, just the will to help.
>      >
>      >
>      >
>
>     What do you intend to test?
>

> Currently, I am interested in helping with testing into FC5. My
> currently assumption is that the path to do this was to install FC4 and
> update to fedora-testing. Please correct me if this assumption is incorrect.

[ snip ]
Issues I think are important.
Can you use your video in the GUI better or equal to how it used to be?
Can you burn CDs or DVDs correctly?
Do you like the new actions for new programs? Do old familiar programs
work well?
Can you install the system with the install media provided?

Also, you need to be prepared for breakage of some applications and be
able or trainable to work out from under the problems.

Jim

Great. I am already downloading FC4.92. Issues you list are what I ma looking for, so that I have an understanding of what exactly to look for.

Thank you.

--
Well fix that in the next (upgrade, update, patch release, service pack).