Re: todays rawhide - feedback

dragoran wrote:

I installed todays rawhide tree and found this issues:
1) why is there no shutdown/reboot in the gnome menus ? this is a desktop system and I do not want to suspend it.

Check list archives. Basically a experimental change that is being reverted after the release.

2) the user switch feature disappered from gnome-screensaver

Changelogs mentioned this. There seems to be some nagging issues with supporting this option.

beagled should be started by default if it is enabled in the preferences (had to add it to the gnome-session)

File a bug report?

why is xfs started by default in runlevel 3 ? If I boot into runlevel 3 (=textmode) I do not need xfs (doubt that anybody needs it)

I think we got a lot many bug reports after users forgetting to start xfs. The real long term solution would probably mean revamping the init script system to support dependency mechanisms.

--
Rahul