Re: Bling!

Chris Kurecka wrote:
Thanks Ray.

That got it working for me. It doesn't cause any major issues or anything, but it seemed to die on its own a couple times (just showing a normal GNOME desktop without shadows). Rerunning spififity after that brought it back up. On my Radeon 9000 it's kind of slow. I was wondering if anything can be done to make it faster?

My xorg.conf options are:

Option      "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps"
Option "AllowGLXWithComposite" "1"
Option "RenderAccel" "yes"
Option "AccelMethod" "xaa"

I tried exa, but that made it seem even slower. Should I consider ATI's proprietary drivers? Is there any other flag worth trying?

Thanks for the help.  It's pretty cool.

Chris Kurecka

I hope these nifty features (eye candy) can be useful using the native xorg dri drivers. It would be a shame to end up requiring proprietary drivers.