Re: Crippling Gnome-power-manager, Why!

Jim Cornette wrote:
Jeremy Katz wrote:

There were items in properties where you could adjust the actions
taken for certain situations like closing the display lid. I selected for the action for closing the lid to do nothing. I
really don't use the hibernate or suspend feature myself. I still
however would like to be able to disable or enable the way power
management works on my laptop in a fairly intuitive manner. I
would not know now as to how to adjust the actions if I changed
my mind or if something was changed in my configuration because
of an update.

This is still there for me.  Has hal crashed (since in that case,
it would probably not show things).  Alternately, are you running
the newest SELinux policy (which has fixes for changes in how HAL
works)

You were correct that HAL was DOA. I changed to permissive and
started haldaemon and checked properties again. The choices were once
again visible. (minus the hibernate/suspend menu.)

Suspend has moved to the system menu,

I don't see the selection on the menu. I see lock screen, logout and shutdown.

Have you logged out since upgrading to gnome-panel-2.13.90-3 or later?

I logged out, switched to kde and then back to gnome. I still do not
see the suspend option. I will forcibly kill the server and see if a
respawn shows the suspend choice afterwards.

Susend now shows on the menu but shutdown now is missing after killing X with ctl-alt-backspace.

lockscreen
logout jim
Suspend
(no shutdown displayed)

There is some progress. Maybe things will be as designed after the relabel and reboot.

Thanks!