Crippling Gnome-power-manager, Why!

I noticed that the power manager is starting to be pretty much a battery applet with a few less features. What is this crippling supposed to accomplish?

A few days ago, I knew how to prevent closing the display lid on my laptop w/o having it go into suspend. today, I am at a loss to how to change my power management settings.

I know that there were bug reports requesting removal of the options on computers that are presently incapable of successfully going into suspend or into hibernate. It does not seem rationale for settings to not be easily manageable as if the obstacles preventing those that have problems on their systems presently because of lack of resolution in the development arena are slower than would be expected.

Removing the features seems like a move to styfle legitimate bug reports and hide a legitimate failure on the power management scene.

I hope to see reversal of the degradation of the power manager to yet another battery charge indicator.

Jim

--
It's the same old story; boy meets beer, boy drinks beer... boy gets
another beer.