Re: SELinux and NSS [was: Problem with NSS update - Firefox, Evolution]

Jonathan Berry wrote:
On 2/13/06, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[snip]
Try setsebool -P allow_execstack=1

Yes, this allows both Firefox and Evolution to start up normally. What exactly does this do? Doesn't appear to be a very security
conscious fix.  Does this just mean that NSS needs an executable stack
and wasn't given one?

Jonathan

Yes. We are investigating why it needs an executable stack. Looks like this is an initialization thing. So after the first time you can turn it off. Although I think flash player needs it too.

Dan