Re: /sys/bus/usb/devices vs. /proc/bus/usb/devices ....

Hmm, I may have misunderstood the response.

The problem I am having is that 'without a usbfs mount' vmware no
longer recoginzes and supports USB devices on my system (e.g., USB
printer, USB thumb drive, etc.).

Prior to this change, vmware would allow me to setup the virt.machine
to connect to such.

USB support in gnome or in the linux 'host' machine was not broken.

tom