Re: yum leaving multiple versions installed

Steve Grubb wrote:
On Monday 06 February 2006 07:15, Jim Cornette wrote:
I tried out your latest script with the -vw option and it matched
anything with kernel within it.

Sorry, all my machines' rpm databases are screwed up in some way and never got it to run without complaining. New version below should be fine.

No problem! My rpm database is in pretty good shape, though I had to intervene a few time by rpm -qa and going through the whole listing of packages that I have installed.

The new version worked as intended. I checked that the packages like kernel-devel are not matched by kernel. I assume that kernel-smp and its devel patch would exact match also.

For test 2, what are you searching for?

When you type "yum update rpm" on an x86_64 machine for example, it does not pull in neon for i386, it only grabs the x86_64 package. So, I have neon-0.24.7-10.1.i386 and neon-0.25.5-1.x86_64 on my system. This is not the way I want my system to be. Both versions should match.

Thanks for the explanation. I am on i386 and did not know what you were trying to catch.

-Steve

Jim

PS - Thanks for the \ to continue lines. There were no problems cutting and pasting the script into an editor and changing permissions.