Re: vmware-config can't find header files

Arjan van de Ven wrote:
On Sun, 2006-02-05 at 14:45 -0500, Joakim Arnling wrote:

When I try to build vmhgfs module with vmware-config-tools.pl, the
suggested place for include is /usr/src/linux/include.

which is utter bogus on the vmware side... the suggested place is
/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build

only in RH 6.2 and before was it /usr/src/linux/include

but that doesn't explain why it worked prior to 1907, or does it?

"The kernel defined by this directory of header files does not have the
same address space size as your running kernel."

What do I do wrong?

you need an upgraded vmware, it depends highly on kernel internals and
those changed a bit recently (well they change all the time, just not
always in ways that breaks vmware)

I don't think there are any updates to my vmware (have 5.5.1 build-19175)
When I installed my virtual machine I chosed "other 2.6 kernel", don't know if thats the right option ?