Re: vmware-config can't find header files

On Sun, 2006-02-05 at 14:45 -0500, Joakim Arnling wrote:
> When I try to build vmhgfs module with vmware-config-tools.pl, the
> suggested place for include is /usr/src/linux/include.

which is utter bogus on the vmware side... the suggested place is
/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build

only in RH 6.2 and before was it /usr/src/linux/include

> "The kernel defined by this directory of header files does not have the
> same address space size as your running kernel."
>
> What do I do wrong?

you need an upgraded vmware, it depends highly on kernel internals and
those changed a bit recently (well they change all the time, just not
always in ways that breaks vmware)