Re: KDE update - no testing period?

Orion Poplawski wrote:
Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Hi fellows,

I like to ask about the process of KDE updates. We are actually seeing
KDE 3.5.1-0.1.fc4 updates hitting the server. As far as I see these FC4
updates never appeared in the updates-testing repository. This was also
the case with previous KDE updates - last KDE update from 17th December
brought us then a following kdelibs update on 22th Dec., fixing an issue
from the kdelibs update of 17th.

I think maintainers do not have to use the testing repository before
pushing Core updates. But shouldn't it be mandatory for such package
groups like KDE?

Alexander

I have to say that I'm starting to get frustrated with this as well. I used to complain that there were no KDE updates within a release, but now that it happens, I generally wish it wouldn't. It has caused a

The joys of a rolling beta:-)

If you don't like the way Fedora works, try RHEL or its clones such as Centos, WBEL, or if you still want the latest technology try Ubuntu/Kubuntu with releases each October and April with the latest, and has few if any feature changes within the support life.

Read the docs closely, like FC they're not for everyone.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait