Re: FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

Hi

I am following this thread closely and I can see the
pro's and con's.  Many times, the everything install
is the best way to go.  You do not want to have to
install any missing dependencies via yum/rpm when you
want to compile a certain tarball for which there is
no rpm available, or there is one, but in your system
it *does not work*.
Just you use yum and pirut post installation. They should work with CD/DVD's too.

The security risks are something
that we could live without.  In fact many people do
not update the kernel to the latest one, despite
several vulnerabilities that they keep their existing
kernel because it boots everytime and many things just
work.
We need to discourage anything that creates security issues.

Just that some
users want it is not a good reason to implement any feature without understanding the cost involved in long term maintenance and support.

What does that magic button(s) cost to implement when
it has been living there for sometime already?   The
changes are welcomed, but what has been the cost and
long term maintence and support have been throughout
the Fedora Release cycles?
It costs quite a lot which is why it is being removed. I already gave examples of this.

Why is Fedora trying to reduce the Core?  Why is
wanting to become like Ubuntu?  Fedora is great as it
is!  Why change it to less CD's, and us having to
search for packages that are and have been there for
ages.

Why do you think reducing core is equal to reduce CD images. They are not related at all.

--
Rahul