Re: FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

Hi

Define bloat. What is bloat for you is crucial for others.

They can get their "crucial" stuff from Extras...
Not for regions where bandwidth cost a lot more.

There's nothing magic about 4 CDs - it's just a reality check that says "hey, we are growing with no end in sight". It's not the size that's the problem - it's the endless growth.
If we are fighting endless growth, we should be defining what core really means and then trim core to meet this goal which would result in a single CD or just build different targets like server or desktop. The current method of packages showing up and disappearing in core without an obvious reason behind them is not really sustainable.

--
Rahul