Re: Fedora release day

Alan Cox wrote:

On Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 11:46:35PM +0100, Patrick wrote:
Don't people tend to have more time over the weekend? I would prefer
friday morning as a release time so I can download the release and
install it over the weekend. Guess it's a trade-off between quick
the weekend (at least that is my assumption).

I'd favour the weekend release also. I'm not sure how it works elsewhere in
the world but all the folks here on cheaper ADSL generally get "unlimited"
use weekends and late nights with bandwidth/volume limits other times.

Alan
With the time offset round to the slow side of the planet, it might make sense to publish the release day as Tuesday (eastern? US time midnite), but open the servers on Monday as previously. Then the rest of the world who are 6-9-16(au)-18(nz) hours ahead would find the release ready for download on the specified roadmap day, rather than one-day later (which is Tuesday anyway), and thinking... OK, looks like something major went wrong and the release has slipped again, and continually trying refresh to get a non-existent file... just an idea. DaveT.