Re: FC5 T2

Jeff Spaleta wrote:

That
way the mirrors are syncing potentially smaller changes between
release candidates into the release candidate tree

Off at a slight tangent, but it struck me the other day that rsync is probably less efficient at mirroring rawhide *because* the RPMs are compressed, therefore a small change to a package's source will change the binary contents drastically enough to defeat the delta compression, I suppose with xorg being split up that helps, but ooo/tetex/eclipse etc are still significant chunks. I hardly suppose having an uncompressed form of RPM file would be welcome though ...