Re: FC5 T2

Jeff Spaleta wrote:

I say go further.. i say fedora core releases every single release
candidate tree to the public servers into the same directory and then

As I remarked in an earlier thread, I was part of the Ubuntu Warty release process (a user, not at all official).

They did a daily build. I could, did, and still can, do a daily rsync to refresh the images at work where I could collect updates for home-use at will.

This model requires a constant name for the ISO though, none of this FC5T%{n} nonsense.

So, names like this are good:
rsync://rsync.planetmirror.com/fedora-linux-core-test/dailies/i386/iso/FC5-daily-build-i386-DVD.iso

Note, for problem-discussion it is important that the internal identification changes

At some point, the daily build stops changing, and that's the final release, so maybe fedora-release-4.90.%{buildnumber} where buildnumber is incremented for every build, whether released or not.

Every time a package within the build is replaced, a CHANGES file needs to be updated to reflect that fact, and a summary of what changed.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait