Re: ReiserFS 3.6

Tom wrote:

I'm currently, an have been for years, a Mandriva cooker user. Previously I used RH 5.x. I'm wantin to switch to Fedora Core test, as it seems to approximate cooker. Hopefully test2 will be available tomorrow, an I intend to d/l an install it. I've been lurkin on -test an -devel for about a month in anticipation of doing this. I need a question answered beforehand tho. I've sought advice elsewhere, but no concrete answers.

For some time I've used ext3 for /boot (50mb), but R_FS for all my other 280gb's. /, /home, /stor1,2,3,4. /stor4 is a 180gb sata drive, the others are p-ata/133 ide drives. I surely can reformat /boot, /, an /home to ext3, but I'd like to keep my R_FS /stor partitions intact. Otherwise it's gonna be one helluv'a lot of jugglin around ;) So....

Can Fedora install, r/w to existing R_FS partitions?

It can if you start the installation with "linux reiserfs" but if you find issues with the filesystem you will have to file it directly upstream. Fedora core only maintains ext3. It might be better to use a live cd and copy over your data to another disk/partition and reformat it in ext3 during installation.

--
Rahul