Re: FC5T1 hibernate works! Awesome!

Neal Becker wrote:

I just tried hibernate on my hp dv8000 FC5T1.  Kernel
2.6.15-1.1826.2.10_FC5

Couldn't find any howto doc.  Didn't install gnome-power-manager because
smart (package manager) would have changes about 100 things.  Did notice
that "locate power" found a pm-hibernate command.  I typed:

pm-hibernate --help

This didn't actually show me the usage (please fix this), but it did
successfully suspend and then on reboot successfully resume!

pm-suspend doesn't work.

Seems to suspend OK, but I hit a key and it appears to start to resume, but
then shutsdown.
Does your notebook have SATA drives? Suspend/Resume doesn't work on SATA drives until kernel 2.6.16 (you can find patches at thinkwiki.org if you want to take that route). Someone mentioned that it's expected for FC5 final to have a kernel version with this patch.

DC