Re: New schedule for FC5 Test2 ISO roll-out?

Peter Jones wrote:
On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 17:26 -0500, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

Now whether or not fc5t1 counts as a "release" is debatable on many
different levels.

No, it's very much not.  alpha/beta/test have never been guaranteed (or
at all expected) to update perfectly from one to the next, and never
will.

Absolutely, no way.  We've got enough work to do without being this
incredibly crazy.
Maybe I'll be laughed off the list, but I do think it would be great if a *goal* (not a requirement) of at least test3 of a given release would be to upgrade to final. Might help get a bit more testing on more diverse hardware if there wasn't the expectation that we will likely have to re-install a few weeks later.

Similarly, it would be nice if there were some notes between test releases (and final) pointing out any changes that might not have been handled by rpm -Fvh. Especially important new packages, configs that might not be upgraded etc. A few times in the past (mainly with RHL more than FC) I've installed a test3, and although the upgrade to final seems OK, I start panicking that there's something important I've missed. Yes, I'm slightly neurotic. :-)

DC