Re: Evolution and IMAP Folders with & signs

D Canfield writes:

I have a folder called "Licenses & Keys" in my IMAP server (cyrus). Yesterday the folder was inaccessible through evolution. After the update today, it shows up as "Licenses &-Keys". I'm assuming this is a work-in-progress, so I've not filed a bug yet, but I wanted to mention it in case it's just an unnoticed side effect of something else.

The "&" character alone, in folder names, is prohibited in the IMAP protocol. A request to create a folder called "Licenses & Keys" must be translated by your IMAP client as a request to create a folder called "License &- Keys" on the IMAP server. Furthermore, the server folder called "License &- Keys" should be displayed as "License & Keys" by your IMAP client, making the translation transparent to the user.

If your IMAP created a folder named, verbatim, "License & Keys", on the server, report this as a bug in your IMAP client.